Refinery Town Discussion Questions:
- How can the energy and enthusiasm of Senator Bernie Sanders’ or Jill Stein’s recent presidential campaigns be channeled into electoral politics at the local level?
- How do we counter the influence of big money in politics, post-Citizen United?
- How can citizen activism turn city hall into a force for tax fairness, economic justice, and public policy innovation?
- How do we make “community policing” an effective public safety strategy in cities suffering from street crime, gun violence, or law enforcement abuses?
- How do we insure housing affordability and prevent displacement of poor and working class families in rapidly gentrifying communities?
- How do we overcome tensions between some unions and environmentalists - ov
- er jobs and development - so we can fight global warming with stronger “blue-green” alliances?
- How do we build progressive populist movements that are multi-racial but working class oriented—to counter Donald Trump’s blue-collar appeal?
|Steve Early • 747
Lobos Avenue, Richmond, CA 94801 • Cell: (617) 930-7327
/ Landline: (510) 260-0636 • firstname.lastname@example.org